The city of Cagliari, in Sardinia, was chosen as the base of Luna Rossa Challenge for its challenge to the 35th America's Cup thanks to its weather conditions, ideal for training and technical development of the full foiling catamarans, for its logistic facilities and also for the welcome received by the people and by the local administration.
The team base, located on Molo Sabaudo, covers an area of 12,000 square meters and includes:
- A tent for the wings of about 660 square meters
- An office area of 800 square meters
- A gym with locker rooms of 200 square meters
- A canteen with annexed kitchen of 800 square meters
- A hospitality area of about 200 square meters
- A crane to launch the team’s boats is located in the yard behind the dock, where the chase boats are moored.